The test of haze on outdoor LED electronic display
We often see the gray sky in the morning, but it is actually covered by something called smog. It is estimated that many people do not know what smog is. Its main components are formed by mixing sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides and inhalable particulate matter. The first two are gaseous pollutants. They combine with fog to make the sky instantly change. Got grey. In fact, fog is a non-toxic and harmless natural phenomenon, and the formation of haze is mainly the result of the combined action of a large number of particles suspended in the air and meteorological conditions. Fog and haze often accompany each other, and fog and haze appear at the same time, and conditions such as water vapor, calm wind, temperature inversion, and condensation nuclei are indispensable.
The toxins in the smog not only seriously endanger people’s health, but also have a great impact on the operation of outdoor LED electronic displays. In fact, we can distinguish smog into fog and haze, because the main hazards of the two to the display are different:
1. The harm of fog to outdoor display screens.
Fog is formed by condensation of water vapor in the air. That is to say, the humidity in the air is relatively high, which will cause the LED display to be damp. Excessive humidity will cause the PCB board, power supply, power cord and other components of the display screen to be easily oxidized and corroded, and even short-circuit, resulting in failure.
2. The harm of haze to outdoor display screens.
Haze is a collection of dust and various tiny particles suspended in the air, among which the dust particles suspended in the air are the core substances of the haze. Under the influence of haze for a long time, all kinds of fine dust in the air will enter the device through the ventilation holes, which will accelerate the wear and even damage to the fan and other equipment, and the dust will also fall on the surface of the control device inside the display screen, which not only reduces the display The heat dissipation and insulation performance of the screen will also accelerate the aging of the display screen and affect the normal service life.
So, how can the display screen be able to withstand the test in haze weather for a long time, which requires users and engineers to pay more attention when purchasing and maintaining:
(1) First of all, in the process of purchasing, the user must check whether the display screen meets the dustproof level required by the use environment. In terms of dust protection, the international standard is IP0X-IP6X, which is a design level to prevent foreign body intrusion. If it is installed in northern areas with more dust and haze weather, its front and back protection levels must reach IP65. That is to say, a completely dust-proof structure must be adopted, that is, it must be airtight in the state of spraying water.
(2) Be sure to pay attention to whether the PCB board of the LED display has undergone anti-corrosion treatment, such as coating the surface with three anti-paints, etc.; whether the power supply and power cord are high-quality accessories; and check the most easily corroded screen welding place, Whether anti-rust treatment has been done.
(3) In the process of daily maintenance, it is necessary to remove dust regularly to avoid the short circuit caused by the absorption of moisture in the air by the dust in humid weather, and the mildew of the PCB board and electronic components.