LED full-color display chromaticity processing technology
The chromaticity processing technology of LED full-color screens ranges from the most basic wavelength selection of primary colors, to the allocation of white point color temperature, to the color space conversion processing for improving the degree of color reproduction, and the chromaticity uniformity processing for improving the picture quality. Today we take multi-primary color processing in order to expand the color gamut to reproduce more natural colors. Next, let’s introduce the chromaticity processing technology of LED full-color screen.
1. LED full-color display screen chromaticity adjustment technology:
The chromatic aberration of each pixel caused by the wavelength dispersion of the LED full-color light-emitting tube is an important aspect of the poor consistency of the LED full-color screen. Therefore, it is necessary to adjust the white balance of the front screen during the debugging process of the LED full-color screen. We know that Due to the manufacturing of the LED die, it is impossible for two light-emitting tubes with the same wavelength to exist. The wavelength of the LED light-emitting diode has become an inherent physical property after production, and the wavelength cannot be adjusted in the subsequent production process. .
2. LED full-color electronic screen chromaticity processing technology:
1. Do not change the hue while increasing the color saturation.
2. The purpose of increasing the primary colors of yellow and cyan is to expand the color gamut and thus improve the color saturation. The overall brightness value cannot be changed.
3. Take D65 as the center; take the RYGCB color gamut boundary as the endpoint, and linearly expand each point within the color gamut. Under the guidance of the above three principles; according to the law of the center of gravity, we can find a 3+2 multi-primary chromaticity processing method. However, in order to truly realize a 3+2 multi-primary full-color screen, we have to overcome difficulties such as insufficient brightness of yellow and cyan LEDs, and a large increase in cost, which is currently limited to theoretical discussions.
People’s requirements for LED full-color screens are getting higher and higher, and only subdivision and screening of LED color coordinates can no longer satisfy people’s critical eyes. It is achievable to comprehensively correct the display screen to improve the chromaticity uniformity.